Submissions are now open for the 2012 Del Close Awards, to be held at iOWest during a star-studded* ceremony at 8pm on Monday, August 27.
As the Dels enter their second half-decade we’ve shaken up the categories to modernize and focus more on team awards. We need to stop taking this stuff so seriously anyway. While you’ll be voting on fewer categories this year we’ll actually be presenting twice as many awards. How does that work? You’ll find out on August 27th!
Several new categories are being added for 2012:
- BEST NEW SHOW for shows that debuted in the past 12 months.
- THE AWARD FOR THAT OTHER SHOW for shows in the DCT, Loft and Main Stage that have little chance of getting nominated alongside veteran teams.
- BEST POSTER because you’ve been asking for it for years. Posters can be submitted to an email account and the Del Awards Poster Committee will select 5 finalists. The Committee also welcomes your full frontal nude photos, the award for which will be presented in a separate, private ceremony.
- MOST SUPPORTIVE IMPROVISER for players who can always be counted on to go with the game, make their partners look like rock stars and steer their shows back from the brink of insanity.
- The bartender and waitress awards are now combined as the JON CROWLEY & REBECCA STEVENS AWARD FOR MOST SATISFYING SERVICE.
- The STUDENT AWARD will also be different this year and you’ll find out how the night of the ceremony. Voting will be limited to teachers so don’t worry your pretty little heads about it.
Click here to submit your nominees. Finalists will be announced on August 17th, at which time we’ll vote for the winners and get ready to party on Monday August 27th! Traditionally, 6th anniversary gifts are candy. Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker, so in lieu of Skittles™ the Del Committee advises you to drink heavily instead.
* Don’t expect actual stars. Or studs for that matter.